4×5 Large Format Photography, Digital Darkroom vs. Digital Darkroom, Polaroid 300 Goes National, Mega-Giveaways and More! Hosted by Michael Raso with Duane Polcou.
- Later in the show – Duane Polcou will introduce 4×5 photography to Michael and the audience.
- Michael Raso’s blog on the new Polaroid 300 Instant Camera being stocked by Target.
- Discussion on the fact that placement of the Polaroid 300 in a “Big Retail Store” is a victory for film photography. Find your local Target store in the USA!
- Check out the new Polaroid.com
- A close up lens for the Polaroid 300 / Instax Mini! Search “mini 7s close up lens” on e-bay.com
- The last days of Kodachrome discussed.
- Remember, Dwaynes Photo in Parsons, KS USA will stop processing at the end of the year – so get your film in now!
- Get your FREE roll of Kodachrome film! If you can commit to shooting and having it developed, Michael will send you a roll of Kodachrome from his private film vault…Sadly there is no more Kodachrome, but that’s OK, you can check out current giveaways on the latest podcast.
- Please also check out the FPP Flickr Group – Kodachrome Film Photography Project 2010 – the place for all photos taken with Kodachrome. Please join and add your Kodachrome photographs!
Win 35mm Film, Processing, Prints and Scans
Spencer, from Sharp Photo and Portrait in Wisconsin, has donated some amazing processing prizes – ten certificates for 1 free roll of processing for c41, black and white or cross processed e6 film, 35mm OR 120, plus 1 set of prints and a hight resolution cd! To go with this amazing freebie, Michael has dipped into his film vault, and with each certificate he’ll be giving away a roll of 35mm Kodak Ektar 25 (expired ’94 – cold stored and batch tested) Film!…Sorry this giveaway ended in November 2010, but that’s OK, you can check out current giveaways on the latest podcast.
Win a HOLGA 120 TLR camera!
Freestyle Photographic have kindly donated a Holga 120 TLR please…Darn, this podcastgiveway is over, but that’s OK, you can check out current giveaways on the latest podcast.
Win Patrick Sansone’s book “100 Polaroids” and a Polaroid 600 Close-Up camera!
We’re giving away a signed copy of Patrick Sansone’s “100 Polaroids” with a Polaroid 600 One-Step Camera (with Impossible Project Film!)…Uh oh, this podcastgiveway is over, but that’s OK, you can check out current giveaways on the latest podcast.
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT NYC Party for “100 Polaroids,” A book by Patrick Sansone. Thursday, October 14 · 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Be there!
- Michael discusses Pat’s music, Wilco’s “Yankee Hotel Foxtrot” and musical influences (including Scott Walker)
This is a segment of an interview with
The Autumn Defense on Chicago TV show “Corporate Country Sucks”
Who is Scott Walker?! See Stephen Kijak’s film “30th Century Man”
- Thanks to “The I” from Norway for the Intro (and Outro) music, check out the band on Facebook and MySpace.
- Route 66 in the USA discussed. The Route 66 Preservation Foundation.
- Make sure you check out this Flickr Slideshow of images tagged “Route 66”.
- The PDN Photoplus Expo is on at the Jacob Javits Center, NYC, 28th-30th of October, 2010.
- What is a Silver Gelatin Print?
- FPP listener Tony Kwong and Duane Polcou say “Thumbs Up” for the low-bandwidth version of the podcast.
- Peter Gowland shot more than 1,000 magazine covers, mostly glamour shots of female models but also portraits of celebrities including Rock Hudson and Robert Wagner. His covers included Rolling Stone, Playboy, and Modern Photography. He invented elite cameras and equipment that he used to shoot pinups and magazine covers. Check out Peter Gowland’s Website. Sadly Peter died on March 10th 2010.
- 4″x5″ Format Photography With Duane Polcou
- Read Ken Rockwell’s article on 4×5 Photography.
- A great article at the Luminous Landscape – Why 4×5?
- Another post from LL showing Folding Flatbed Technical Cameras.
- Wista Folding Cameras.
- Check out the Photo’s in the 4×5 Flickr group.
- Need a manual for a vintage camera? Get it at Mike Butkus’s great site.
- An explanantion of Lens Boards on Wikipedia.
- A series of videos on how to use 4×5 cameras.
- Ansel Adams Group f/64.
- Here’s a couple of posts explaining diffraction – one from the Luminous Landscape, and another from Cambridge In Colour. (Basically our lenses tend to be sharpest a couple of stops up from wide-open, so with an f/3.5, you’ll get sharpest shots at f5.6 or f8. (It does depend on the lens though.)
- T-Max 400 Film.
- Ilford FP4-Plus Film.
- A guide to contact printing on ThePhotoForum.com.
- A discussion on 4×5 Polaroid backs at LargeFormatPhotography.info.
- Mamiya RZ67 on Wikipedia.
- Duane will be back later to record a video on how to use his Wista.
- The Wedding Camera! – Michaels Mamiya 645 on Camerapedia
- Here’s a discussion on C-41 Home Processing at photo.net, and a kit at Freestylephoto.
- It’s not complicated to use a 4×5 camera, and Duane will be back to tell us more.
- See you in two weeks!
- Find Duane Polcou on Model Mayhem!
- Ron Nunn: robnunnphoto.com
- The Impossible Project: the-impossible-project.com
- Pat Sansone / The Autumn Defense: theautumndefense.com
- “100 Polaroids” at the Wilco Kung Fu Store
- Polaroid.com: polaroid.com
- Sharp Photo and Portrait: sharpphoto.net
- Freestyle Photographic: freestylephoto.biz
Notes compiled by Rob Nunn and Michael Raso
All images noted © 2010 Michael Raso. All rights reserved.