35mm Olympus Stylus Epic, 4×5 photography, Polaroid type 500, camera giveaways and more! Hosted by Michael Raso with Duane Polcou and John Fedele.
- Podcast listener John Meadows is having a Kodachrome Photo walk In Kleinburgh, Canada, on Oct 16. 2010 to celebrate the retirement of Kodak Kodachrome film.
- FPP Flickr Group Project organized by Michael Calleia. Check out our FPP Print Exchange over on Flickr.
- If you missed it, catch up on our Episode 13 “Summer Vacation” show with the Pink Delicates performing live.
- Remember you can download lo-fi, small files of the Audio Podcast if you’ve got a slow connection!
- The APS Film Format explained on Wikipedia.
- Polaroid Type 500 Film discussed along with the Polaroid Captiva SLR and Polaroid Joy Cameras
- Mike’s blog post on Polaroid 500 (Captiva) film.
- Polaroid Captiva TV Spots! One features Sinbad! (below)
- The Polaroid Captiva on Camerapedia.
- The Polaroid Joy Cam.
- Thanks to everyone for their letters to FPP!
- Mike loads a pack of film into the Polaroid JoyCam.
- JoyCam failure, so Mike tries it in the Captiva.
- FAIL! Check our Mike’s Polaroid 500 Flickr Set for photographs that did come out.
- Mike apologizes for the mix-up in the Pink-Delicates songs on last times podcast.
- Grab a copy of the Pink Delicates CD – “Who Stole The Quiet Day” at cdbaby.com
- Film Photography Podcast – Donate a camera, film or cold hard cash!
- Weird New Jersey Magazine discussed.
- Check out Kipp Westein’s Work and Cameras.
- DuArt Film and Video has stopped processing motion picture film.
- E6 (slide) film explained on Wikipedia.
- Blue Moon Camera processing services discussed.
- Ansel Adams Relatives are skeptical about the discovery of lost glass-plate negatives.
- Filmdev.org – a great site about film-developing recipes.
- Digital Work flow discussed
- Negs are the best archiving material! Mike takes all his stuff,boxes it once a quarter, and stores it. Mike always digitally stores at least three copies of his work. Keep an off-site copy for ultimate safety.
- Tagging is very important. You can add meta-data to digital files in Photoshop and similar software. Make it a habit and it’s not a drag.
- Side Two of The Beatles “Abbey Road” discussed
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to take part in the Kodachrome Photowalk.
- Shout out to FPP listener Lance at PictureCrossing.com
- FPP Listener Wesley Phillips recommends The Inside Analogue Photo Podcast and The Film Wasters Podcast.
- FilmWasters interview Mijonju (below)
- Camera Give-Away! – Polaroid One-Step (600) Cameras and The Agfa Clack given away!
- New color film for existing Polaroid cameras at The Impossible Project!
- In our October Podcast we’ll be giving away a Olympus Stylus Epic, donated by FPP listener Paul Farkas.
- Jim Tardio’s article on the Olympus Stylus.
- Christine Candora-Hickey sent us a Revere Eye-Matic EE 127. (Here’s an article on 127 film).
Listen in to find out how to win a camera!
We’ll be back in two weeks with another great podcast, thanks for listening!
Find Duane Polcou on Model Mayhem!
Notes compiled by Rob Nun